STEAM Junction is Burlington North Carolina’s Makerspace and creative focus providing members access to tools and equipment, including: 3D printers, ShopBot CNC router, Muse laser cutter, sewing machines, electronics lab, woodshop, Silhouette vinyl cutters.
STEAM Junction provides instruction for all ages through mentoring, workshops, and classes. Ask us if you would like to teach! The Maker-Made store features local hand-made items as well as maker supplies and science kits that can be put together at your home or at the space with your child or grandchild.
Home to Alamance Makers Guild, STEAM Junction hosts free and open monthly meetings, and provides a headquarters for production of Maker Faire Burlington, an annual county fair for the 21st century highlighting creativity and STEAM topics.
Why STEAM Junction? STEAM stands for, “Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.” Junction because we are the junction between 20th century industry and 21st century creative jobs, the junction between the triad and the triangle, the junction between the roads the railroads and the water ways. And are the junction where creative people meet!
- Multiple 3D Printers – including a Fusion3 F400 printer.
- Maslow CNC Router– 4′ x 8′
- Shopbot CNC Router – Desktop
- Muse 3D Laser Printer – laser cutter and engraver
- Electronics Lab – including support for micro controllers like Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- Woodworking Shop – with power and hand tools
- Sewing Machines – Traditional and digital
- HP Sprout 3D Design Computer – includes digital 3D scanner
- Silhouette Vinyl Cutter – including Cameo
- Multipurpose Classroom and Training Area
- Hand Tools
- Store – supplying raw materials, tools, kits, and maker-made items