Skip to content
STEAM Junction General Rules
- Access to tools and equipment is for dues paying members and day-pass holders only.
- The store, classroom, and some events are open to non-members.
- Some tools and equipment have additional use charges (see pricing information).
- Users of the space must complete our Safety and Orientation class prior to any equipment use.
- Some tools and equipment require additional training or safety classes prior to use.
- Any use of the space must follow to our safety rules.
- Access to tools and equipment is first-come first-serve and may be preempted
by classes or events.
- Users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves
(resetting tools, putting away tools, cleaning up their work area).
- Anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Minors under the age of 18 may not operate power tools or dangerous equipment
on their own, or without supervision of a responsible adult who has completed
safety and use training for that equipment.
- Storage of member’s materials at STEAM Junction only by prior arrangement and/or fee.
- Always be courteous and respectful of other users of the space.
- No Food or Drink allowed around work areas or equipment.
- Never operate equipment unless you have been checked out on it (safety training).
- If you don’t know what you are doing, ASK, never assume.
- Never use power equipment by yourself.
- Never attempt to operate equipment if you are impaired for any reason.
- Be prepared, think through the task at hand, identify safety issues, have a safety plan.
- Always use appropriate safety gear in work areas (whether you are working or not).
- Wear eye protection: safety glasses with side shields, goggles or face shields.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing around moving or rotating machinery.
- Tie back or cover long hair to keep it away from moving machinery.
- Remove ties, jewelry, gloves, etc especially around moving or rotating machinery.
- No open toe shoes or sandals, footwear must cover the entire foot.
- Wear gloves, ear protection, and other appropriate safety gear for
the task you are performing.
- No running, horseplay, or intentional distractions in the makerspace.
- Keep the makerspace and your work area clean and free from debris or spills.
- Never use a dull or damaged tool, report dull or broken tools.
- In the event of a serious injury or emergency call 911.