What is a Makerspace?
A makerspace is a place to gather, create, invent and learn. STEAM Junction has 3D printers, software, electronics, craft /hardware supplies and tools.
STEAM Junction is your Makerspace.
Unleash your creativity (and the creativity of our youth). STEAM Junction can help by providing access to tools, equipment and training, and can supply a helping hand in creating your vision.
STEAM Junction is:
- A WELL EQUIPPED WORKSHOP AND LAB where members make new things and try out new ideas.
- A CLASSROOM where people from school age to retirees can learn new skills.
- A STORE where you can find raw materials for making things, purchase locally made items, or even sell your own hand-made products.
- A BUSINESS INCUBATOR helping members start their own 21st century businesses.
- SUPPORT FOR STEM AND STEAM EDUCATION in our community.
- HOME BASE FOR ALAMANCE MAKERS GUILD, a growing community of local makers.
- HEADQUARTERS for the production of the Burlington Mini Maker Faire and Burlington’s Maker Takeover.
Our Equipment Includes:
- Multiple 3D Printers – fused deposition plastic filament
- Shopbot CNC Router –
- GlowForge 3D Laser Printer– laser cutter and engraver Electronics Lab – including support for micro controllers like Raspberry Pi and Arduino (expected this year).
- Woodworking Shop – with power and hand tools
- Sewing Machines – Traditional and digital, embroidery machine, long arm quilting
- HP Sprout 3D Design Computer – includes digital 3D scanner
- Multipurpose Classroom and Training Area
- Hand Tools – of all types Store – supplying raw materials, tools, kits, and maker-made items of all kinds